Well, there you have it.When you score 39 points and lose, that just ain't good. Particularly when you have what is supposed to be one of the best defenses in the country.
That was not the game I expected. I thought it would be an uphill battle for Michigan to win the game, but I certainly didn't expect two stout defenses to let the scoreboard light up like a defective pachinko machine. HELLO, SAFETIES???
My predictions? Not so good. My mood? Even worse. But you have to give the credit to the Buckeyes and, particularly, to Troy Smith. He can't graduate fast enough for my taste.
Yes, there's talk of a rematch. And if the BCS shakes out that way, Michigan has another shot. But I don't think that's right. Ohio State shouldn't have to beat Michigan twice in a row for the championship; or, put another way, Michigan shouldn't have to simply earn the split to be crowned champion. That just doesn't seem right. But maybe we're going there -- who knows? In any case, Ohio State won yesterday and I've gotta tip my hat to them.
Doesn't make me happy, though. Grrrr...
No comments:
Post a Comment