But let me set the game itself aside for a minute and think about the bigger view. This has been one of those special seasons for Michigan, regardless of the outcome of the game. The annual gallows humor joke is that Michigan always starts the season 2-1, but this year we started 3-0, and the destruction of Notre Dame was thorough and convincing.
Brady Quinn is thoroughly convinced.
Everything that had typically gone wrong in the past seemed to be coming together. Mike Hart stayed healthy. Chad Henne played smart. Mario Manningham played lights-out, and when he got hurt, Adrian Arrington stepped up. And when the offense sputtered, the defense was there to carry the day. And carry it they did.
Advantage: Defense
And so Michigan is undefeated heading down to Columbus. Games like this are why I simultaneously love and hate college football. There's nothing like this in the pros, nothing that can combine the rivalry, the atmosphere, and the stakes. At the same time, my heart can't take too many of these. I remember 1997, sitting in Michigan Stadium watching an undefeated #1 Michigan team play #4 OSU, and I spent most of the breaks in action with my head in my hands wanting to throw up. And we won that game! Yes, I stress out way too much over these things.
In the end, though, it's where you want to be. #1 vs #2, with the chance to play for the national championship. And that's where we are. And regardless of the outcome it's been a great season to be a Michigan fan. Go Blue!


4 comments:
I (heart) football, and Chris too. But I'm extremely glad this week not to be living with him yet.
ha ha, i'm sure will come as no surprise to you that 24-13 osu was the *exact* score i predicted to matt this morning, before you told me your prediction.
i'm wondering if it's best for everyone in the family if i just wheel the tv out to the garage at 3:30pm next saturday and close the door behind me
Brenna, you are wise beyone your years.
I notice you are focusing on Michigan and not the Redskins. Smart move.Let's hear it for the NEW quarterback!!! p
Post a Comment