OK, so after a week of mixing, the cats are settling into a routine. They tolerate each other most of the time, although a bit warily. Tango still seems (and may always be) the most aggressive at defending her territory -- she's charged Nelson and Healy at various times, leaving them very startled and bewildered. Even Pearl went up to a sleeping Nelson last night and, out of the blue*, beat him mercilessly over the head until he ran away in surprise and shock (and believe me, no cat in the history of catdom can express surprise and shock the way Nelson can). The boys are a bit confused by all this, and spend a lot of time together presumably watching each others' backs.
Hmm, women prone to aggressive outbursts on unsuspecting males, who end up retreating into their own space. Nature has common threads across all species, I guess...
*OK, I'll admit, she was probably very frustrated with me that I wouldn't let her near the roast beef I had just cooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment