Friday, June 25, 2010

Nuthin Good

I bought a new toy the other day*, a Squeezebox Duet player to patch my mp3s into my stereo. So I got it all set up last night, and was happy as a pig in a poke a clam at high tide, being able to play my 55,000+ song list at the touch of a button.

Then the girls came in, and the following conversation ensued:

Abra (coming in): What's that?
Me: My new music player.
Abra: Can it play Justin Bieber?
Me: No.
Abra: Can it play the Jonas Brothers?
Me: No.
Abra: Can it play the Cheetah Girls?
Me: No.
Thalia (coming in): What's that?
Abra: Dad's new music player. But it can't play anything good.


sigh.


* Even as cheap as I am, I do buy toys once in a while. Although the last one was the HDTV in 2005.

6 comments:

wclaspy said...

ooooh, been looking at a squeezebox. But I think I'm just going to jump to a mac mini and serve all of our media needs that way (mp3, video, dvd, etc).

Brenna said...

I believe the expression is that you were as happy as a pig in s**t.

Chris said...

oops, thank you dear, I have corrected the post to something more appropriate and family-friendly.

Biff said...

I'm still trying to undo the musical damage that Lorrie put on James. The price of a job with a lot of travel. For some reason, of my stuff, he likes some the more obscure acts. He loves Firewind's "Falling to Pieces". I'm sure Firewind is not among the 55,000 in your collection. I'm sure neither is Dragonforce, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Shadows Fall, or Symphony X. But maybe you have some Lamb of God? Probably not.

Chris said...

Biff, my library *does* have the "Loud and Proud" album you gave me a long time ago.....

Anonymous said...

Somehow my eldest has raced past the the threshold of the age of majority without having heard Janis Joplin. I bought a 'best of' and played some for her today. Oh, my. She heard Janis' styling on Summertime, and likes her voice. Not her favorite type of music, and she said she'd hear a bit more before she could be sure. She's used to Finnish heavy metal lately.