Friday, August 01, 2008

Bachelor days are here again

Yesterday noon I dropped the wife and kids at the airport -- they're off for a week at Gramma's in Kansas. So it's just me and a herd of animals kicking around the house for a while. I think this is the first time since the wedding (18 months ago) since I've had any appreciable time at home without the family. It feels a bit odd, to be honest.

So what wild plans do I have for my new bachelor life? Uh, work, work, work. Either at the office or at home. Yesterday I
  • finished the photometric solution for the data we took at the telescope in May,
  • made the flat field calibrations for that same data,
  • stained the front door,
  • caulked the bathtub, and
  • cleaned the heck out of the kitchen.
And that was only Day 1! Just think what the rest of the week will bring...

Now I do have some fun planned for Saturday -- I'm heading down to Canton to meet up with my old high school buddies Dave and Mike and go see two of my all-time favorite Redskins, Art Monk and Darrell Green, get inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. So that should be an amusing spectacle -- overblown pomp and circumstance is what the NFL does best!

2 comments:

Bill said...

Sounds fun! I had a day off myself - Ingrid went to her sister's and to some simulcast event so I was here alone - I watched American Gangster and oh yeah...I changed the data on your photometric solution via the internet...that was fun, too.
What kind of heck was in the kitchen?

Anonymous said...

They ARE some of the very best of the best! I hope you said "hi" for me!
-p