So is it any wonder I married this woman? Check out the email I just got:Today's Expenses and Cheapskate Report (all items charged to Discover Card):
- Gas at Get/Go, $23.80 (for a FULL TANK!--savings of $21.10 in FuelPerks)
- Old Navy, stuff for Abra primarily for next winter but including a summer nightgown, $7.57 (total "sticker price" on everything was $58.50 plus tax, but I got everything on clearance plus used a $25 gift card from MyPoints).
- $32.98 at CVS, which included the $5 off extrabucks. I earned another $1 (whee!) for buying Colgate kids' toothpaste which we were actually out of anyway.
- And I found a dime in the parking lot.
6 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day, darling!
Dang. She actually comes with a dowry!
Hi Chris,
Check it out. Pretty soon you guys will be like these folks (links below). Some people make a science out of CVS and Walgreens shopping w/coupons and rebates. I used to get a huge charge out of shopping like this but alas, I went even "cheaper" and decided to buy clothing exclusively from Goodwill and Salvation Army, to clean with vinegar and baking soda, and to wash my hair with dishwashing liquid. I'm not kidding. I don't do ALL of that anymore, but it was a good time in terms of drastically reducing waste (packaging) and saving oodles of money:
http://thehomespunheart.blogspot.com/2007/11/deals-of-week_13.html
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/2008/01/cvs-few-more-deals-to-look-for.html
Cat
that above one sure ain't from your sister Cat.
who dat is?
I thought the same thing -- my sister, Cat???? Not. Brenna is a Champion! -p
Cat Morris. Dat is me.
Post a Comment