Friday, November 23, 2007

REDRUM!

So Thalia is working hard on her letters, but has this tendency to write mirror images. Perfect mirror images. Case in point, her writing this morning of "Mommy, Thalia, Abra":



It's exquisite, both the letters and the writing is perfectly backwards. Here it is mirrored:

What's going on in her eye/head/hand to do this? I dunno, but it fascinates me. And at age 4 (in a few days) this is not really a worry. Or so I thought, until I remembered Danny Torrance.





So if I wake up and see this on my door any time soon, I'll be quite worried....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I first saw Thalia's paper I have been trying to think who it was I knew of known for mirror writing. Tonight it came to me, it was Leonardo da Vinci. we're in good company. m

Anonymous said...

erus deracs em

Brenna said...

And I don't know if it's connected, but little Tgirl is clearly left-handed. Gonna march to the beat of her own drummer, that one.

As long as that drummer isn't giving her murderous thoughts over a background of menacing music, I'm fine with that....