Friday, June 08, 2007

An Exciting Day

So today Wacko finally went to the groomer (U Dirty Dog) to get his summer haircut. Thanks to all of you who voted to spare him the worst of the razor. Instead, he got a haircut that's short enough to keep him cool, but not so short that he looks like a mutant from Planet X. Here he is:



(Here's a "before" picture to remind you of what he used to look like....)

But while I am standing at the counter at U Dirty Dog picking him up, my cell phone rings, and it's Brenna saying that we have to take Thalia to the emergency room. Evidently Thalia's head lost a battle with the arm of a rocking chair (which is pretty impressive -- I would have bet that Thalia's head is the harder of the two...).

So I zip home and we pack everyone in the car for the first of what is sure to be many family trips to the pediatric emergency room. They did a great job, and so did Thalia -- she sat through them putting a stitch in her eyebrow without a single tear or cry. That's my brave girl! (Abra, of course, was chattering away -- luckily the doctor was good at simultaneously sewing and answering the questions of a 5 year old). So here's our girl is posing with her brand new bandage:




So now both girls are in bed, the newly shorn dog is asleep, and the cats are all suspiciously wondering what all the hubbub was about. Just another fine day in the Mihowski household....

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Yeah, you should see the rocking chair....

Anonymous said...

Why do I instantly think of the Griswald Family?

Anonymous said...

I can't tell which is bigger, the bandage or her smile. Hmmm..... I bet she can't WAIT for the cast. YIKES!!!

Chantele said...

aw, both of them look very cute!

I'm glad T is okay.