Monday, June 25, 2007

The Yorkshire 500


OK, I must say one of my more amusing pleasures is watching Abra and Thalia riding their bikes down the sidewalk. Thalia's on her trike, of course, and Abra has a two-wheeler w/ training wheels (borrowed from Colleen -- thanks, Colleen!).

Thalia knows she can't ride faster than Abra, but if she beats her out of the driveway and onto the sidewalk, then she can block. Abra will come up behind her, and Thalia will start drifting left and right, so that Abra can't pass.

This is hilarious to watch from the back (which is where I am, usually with a dog leash in my hand...), where Thalia is constantly drifting left and right, frustrating Abra's attempts to pass. Abra, who is not well-renowned for her patience, is typically howling "Thalia, let me pass!" at this stage. Meanwhile, Thalia pedals on, swinging left, then right, then left again.....

I am thinking of putting a number 8 sticker on Thalia's bike helmet.

No comments: