Monday, September 13, 2010

Wedding Dress Voting!

Next month my dear sister Cat will be getting married, and she and my bro-in-law-to-be Drew have asked Abra and Thalia to be in the wedding. Which of course means that the girls have to dress up in something nicer than the usual "homeless urchins selling newspapers on the street" look that they often seem to sport.

So Brenna took them out shopping on Sunday, and they came home with two options. Well, Abra did. Thalia has her dress picked out. So the question is do the girls kind of match each other, like this:


or does Abra go for a different look, like this:

(Abra looks like she's ready to run the elementary school library in that one -- taking after her Yiayia and her cousin Deby.....)

So everyone gets to vote -- Cat gets a vote, Drew gets a vote*, and everybody else gets an advisory vote.

(My first question was, of course, "well, how much did each one cost?", but it turns out there is no difference in price, so that was of no help in the decision-making process.....)

Oh, and did you notice those glasses on Abra? Yep, new glasses -- here they are, very cute...



* Drew, my man, while you get a vote, of course, be prepared that husbands lose a lot of 1-1 votes....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

kinda kooky, but cute. and i love the glasses. but how are they involved in the wedding? usually, the kids end up matching the wedding party in some way, dress style, color, etc...any chance that Cat is wearing a hot pink zebra print wedding dress, because if so, you hit the nail on the head! if not...maybe a third dress option with Cat's input would be wise?
--molly

Harry said...

I agree - we need more data,

Brenna said...

Well....this is Cat we're talking about. There actually is a chance she's wearing a hot pink zebra stripe dress! Actually, no, from her description she isn't, but if I know anyone who's likely to wear a hot pink zebra-stripe dress to her own wedding it's my ultra-cool sister-in-law.

A&T are going to be flower girls--or, since flowers may wind up not being used, they may well wind up tossing something like glitter or popcorn (Thalia is totally voting for popcorn but that's because she wants to be able to munch during the ceremony, I think). And Cat is the opposite of Bridezilla--the only instructions I got were "get them something nice that they like." If the wedding party matches each other and the bride I think it will be sheer coincidence.

Harry said...

Given that, I vote for the matching dresses. The black and white looks too businesslike for a wedding.

Kitty Cat said...

j'adore the pink matching!
truly though, whatever they will wear again, as i am a practical bride....they could not be cuter.

MIMI said...

I agree with Cat, the pink matching look more festive,
weddingish...and tell Abra she looks great in her new
glasses.

Heather said...

I love the matching pink zebra-stripe ones too. And I'm writing this in Paris, if that counts for anything?

Brenna said...

HAH, Paris does count extra! Actually, the only one who prefers the black-and-white one is Abra herself, though I think even she is coming around.

Chantele said...

Pink matching ones- like you didn't know that's what I would pick!

I love Abra's glasses!

Riimus Fungus said...

I am a perfect stranger, but I like this post =o). I say, let Abra pick the one she would like to wear =o). ((though I think the pink outfit is prettier. Is the black and white top stuck to the black dress, or is it detachable?))

Unknown said...

Definitely the pink & pink. The B&W is nice but doesn't play well with others.

Brenna said...

I explained to Abra earlier this week that everyone seemed to think the pink was better and she was totally cool about it--but when I suggested the possibility of putting the black and white one on her Christmas list, her eyes lit up just a bit and she said, "OK!"

So. That seems settled.