Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bathroom Before and After

Ok, here's this weekend's little project -- fixing up the half bathroom a bit. It desperately needed some storage space, and I've never been a fan of the pedestal sink -- that sink is too big for such a little bathroom. Plus, the faucet on that sink is terminally drippy, no matter how often I've tried to repair it. It's gotten to the point where Abra tells me I'm hurting the Earth by not fixing the drip (I'm actually a bit more bothered about the drip hurting my wallet...).

So the sink comes out, and a small vanity goes in. Also, an etagere goes over the toilet. Nothing fancy, just a quick update of the bathroom.

Here's the "before" picture:


And here's the "after" picture:


And, uh, ok, a new toilet seat cover is on the shopping list now, too....

Oh, and I finally got fed up with that stupid switch for the reading lamp by my chair. It was one of the little wheelie in-line thingies:


and it was very flaky. So I threw it out and spliced in this great big pushbutton switch that looks like it was left over from one of the Apollo missions:

Now that's a man's switch! Much better....

2 comments:

on the deck said...

It's a manly-man switch. Nice job, you!

mimi said...

nice job - so you did some home improvement before your parents came. It does look nice.