Monday, May 11, 2009

Adoption, Part One

So we just got back from the courthouse downtown. Thalia's adoption is complete, and I can now drop the "step-" from my stepfather title for her. Abra is up next -- her adoption will happen later in the summer.

So what did we do to celebrate? Well, we took the girls to Bob Golic's Sports Bar and Grille, where we celebrated with lemonade and french fries. Do I know how to treat my girls, or what? Sadly, Bob was not there to celebrate with us....

5 comments:

Chantele said...

Congrats Dad!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you all. Brenna, I have to tell you he has amazed me, I think he has become a great father, maybe partly from watching his brother, who has the most amazing patience with his boys. Chris has not always been known for patience as you know , Brenna, but he adores the girls, and you. And I know that you have been a big part of that. lemonade and french fries - sounds like a great celebration.

on the deck said...

Way to go, y'all! Best of the best!
Auntie P

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhhh, I'm so happy!! I think you're a great dad too -- a cheap one -- but a great one!! (And I say that with a great deal of admiration at your cheapness.)

Happy Upcoming First Non-StepDad Day!

Love, Jan

Brenna said...

Everyone's leaving great comments. All true.

He is a really good dad. I'm not always the soul of patience myself, Alice, but having kids can sometimes help with that. The girls are teaching him a lot, and he's teaching them a lot too. Win/win!