Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Who's Bam-Bam?"

So today Brenna made the comment that Thalia was as strong as Bam-Bam. Thalia responded "Who's Bam-Bam?"

Upon hearing that, I immediately logged into the library's website and placed a reserve on a DVD of the first season of The Flintstones. The girls will watch every minute of that DVD.

Cultural illiteracy like that will not stand in my household.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Daddy....~p

Unknown said...

Similar thing happened in our house last month when we likened Eli to the Tasmanian Devil. Quizzical looks from all the kids, followed by mandatory viewing of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol 1 for all occupants of the household. It has had the desired effect! [GW]

Riimus Fungus said...

Awesome post. Very funny. I confess that not having grown up in North America, I don't know Bambam. Serious flaw in my pop culture ;). But Stupendous man: I agree that knowing who Taz is should be mandatory!

Anonymous said...

Some argue that when Bam Bam showed up is when The Flintstones began to "jump the shark".

Nevertheless, required TV watching for all humans, starting at the age of 5.

Good for you, Dr. Hos.

Brenna said...

OK, objectively speaking, it must be said that The Flintstones rank in quality on about the same rung as Gilligan's Island and The Shazam/Isis Hour. We watched some unbelievably bad crap as kids.

I personally think that The Flintstones jumped the shark when the little alien guy showed up as a character.

Chris said...

Do not diss the Flintstones, woman. That's grounds for divorce!

And while I agree w/ you about Gazoo, DHamm may beg to differ.

Anonymous said...

First of all, the first season of The Flintstones has some of the most laugh out loud bits of any TV show in history.

Go back and watch the HI-FI episode, or The Prowler/Judo episode and tell me it wasn't clever. Certainly much higher class than Giligan.

I stand by my assesment that the show Jumped the Shark when Bam Bam was left on the Rubble's front stoop.

Later seasons, I will admit, did have creativity issues

Kitty Cat said...

but i love Gazoo.
BAM BAM-BAMM BAMMM BAMMMM