Monday, October 08, 2007

Boston Reunion

OK, a lot to catch up on. A couple of weekends ago, I made a quick trip up to Cape Cod for a reunion of sorts -- my friend Jamie hosted a get-together of friends from high school days (!!).


So John, the wizard of imagery, made up this poster to commemorate the event:

(yes, the little atomic "A" is our high school logo -- we were the Atoms, this is what happens when you go to a high school that was built in the early 1950s. I'm surprised the football uniforms weren't dayglo orange with a third arm coming out the side....)

I originally wasn't going to go -- I was going to Rome for a conference that weekend -- but on short notice decided it was something I couldn't pass up. So I flew up and met the crowd, it was worth every moment. And there weren't many moments, sadly, since I flew up Fri afternoon and flew on to Italy on Sat morning. Too short!

But good times were had, and here's (most of) the crew:


From left to right: Jamie, Cat, Angela, Kim, John, Janet, and Rick. (Toi is missing, since she is taking the picture. And, sadly, by that time I had left -- I was most likely sitting in an airport somewhere when this picture was taken....)

Thanks to Jamie for hosting, and everyone else for making the trip. After the short trip up there, Sat morning I was back on planes: Boston to Philadelphia, to Cleveland, to Newark, to Rome. I was pretty exhausted by the time I got there.

And Rome is the subject of the next post, when I get a chance...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thunder -- thunderation!
We're the Atoms' congregation
When we fight with determination
We create a great sensation!

Anonymous said...

Shake that thing, Angie! Shake it! SHAKE IT!!