So Brenna usually has Wacko shaved down each spring. This year, Wacko pulled me aside and whispered "ix-nay on the ave-shay." Now, I can understand his reluctance -- I suspect all the other dogs laugh and point at him when this happens. So I figure we'll see what our devoted MGW blog readers have to say about the issue -- should he get shaved this spring or not??? The poll is below, feel free to weigh in.
To help you with your decision, I'll first post a picture of him with his beautiful long coat:

Isn't he a fantastic looking dog??? And now, in the interest of a fair and balanced presentation of both sides of the issue, here is what he looked like after his shave-down last spring:

Hmm. Well, as they say "We report; you decide." So here's your chance to weigh in: shave, or not?
14 comments:
Chris apparently used to work for Fox News.
Oh that razor burn is bad
take a near-perfect dog and make him
LESS CUDDLY?
well as someone who has seen (and smelled) both versions of Wacko ... I voted to shave him.
Sorry Chris
Just give him a bath if he smells bad. Dogs have hair and they deal with it. For the same reason I'm against pet apparrel I'm also against shaving an animal.
bald dog, baby!
hmmm, this scientific poll is becoming quite close. ;)
I will say that Wacko is still cute even when he's shaved, though I'll admit it's less "movie star" cute and more "hilarious" cute. But he certainly doesn't look anything like the ticked off little dog pictured here.
Mostly, I usually get him a buzz cut in the summer because he's a bit easier to wash, and also he seems more comfortable. And no, I don't dress him in costumes....
Hmm, I think there's some ballot box stuffing going on by the "shave Wacko" crowd. I suspect Brenna may have worked for Karl Rove in a past life....
Although I only met Wacko briefly, his fur seemed to suit him. I voted no. Being a long-haired creature myself, I admit to having an anti-haircut bias, but perhaps the washing could be simplified with the addition of hot water to the outside spigot.
If you can wash him outside with temperate water you won't have to worry about clogging up the tub.
I voted for shave, not only to keep Wacko comfortable, but to cut down on the hair in the house. Our dog will look even MORE ridiculous shaved, but we may do it this year as it's already in the 90's and LA is literally burning. BTW, I suspect that shaved dog picture isn't really Wacko, but part of a dirty campaign...
Must it be either bald or yak-like? How about a happy medium, a nice trim? Chloe certainly enjoys her spa treatments, they massage her during her shampoo before making her beautiful!
oh i think a hair do is in order, it is summer time, hot & fleas-y out.
in fact, i think i will shave the BATMAN when i get home, so we can have a matched set.
xoxox
RUN BATMAN RUN!
b
Wacko must be shaved to enjoy the summertime in Cleveland as much as any domesticated human being.We must extend the same rights and benefits to Wacko as the rest of the domesticated human beings, jbmjtycmr
Post a Comment