Monday, May 07, 2007

Trip Log



So the car trip (driving Cleveland -> Northern Virginia and back again) actually went very well. Notable mile markers:

mile 1.9: Abra pulls out beeping toy cellphone.
mile 2.1: Chris confiscates beeping toy cellphone.
mile 5.3: First "Are we there yet?" (Abra)
mile 21.8: Second "Are we there yet?" (Abra)
mile 21.9: First "Is it lunchtime?" (Abra again)
mile 36.0: First rest stop (Brenna)
mile 68.4: First "I need to go potty" (Thalia)

and so on. As we crossed the border into Pennsylvania, Abra asked if they spoke English or Spanish in Pennsylvania.

The return trip was even smoother, the girls were great. At mile 1.2, Thalia announced "I'm hungry," but they settled down for a long while. At mile 233, I said to Brenna "the girls have been fantastic", so of course at mile 234 Thalia spilled yogurt all over Abra, and at mile 236 Abra gave the first "Are we home yet?" -- but given she has just had yogurt spilled all over her, who can blame her? The girls then settled back down, and except for a very occasional "how much longer" out of Abra, it was a fine ride...

I think I got off lucky this time...

No comments: