OK, here is a preliminary list of songs that I have thrown into a playlist for the wedding reception:
(hit 'back' when you are done looking....)
Take a look and give me feedback via the comments link below. Things you like? Things you don't? Things I've forgotten? Note that the playlist is already about two times too long, so major cuts will need to happen....
Note also that Brenna has not yet weighed in on the list, so blame me entirely for any bad choices and/or glaring omissions!
(Plus, if you give me feedback, it'll tell me if anyone is actually reading this darned thing...)
14 comments:
You listed Dead Man's Party twice...
LMK if you want the whole playlist that I did recently ;-)
you're marrying Brenna and don't have any Beatles on the playlist!? clearly this is just a preliminary list. props for the lucinda williams and johnny cash, but you could use some bruce springsteen.
in nearly two years of dating brenna, i don't think i've ever heard her play any beatles or, in fact, even mention them to me....
Just to clarify, he hasn't heard me play much music, period, other than what the girls have requested from the back seat of the car. And I don't chat about bands as much as he does.
I do remember having a "Beatles vs. Stones" discussion with you and saying that in that arena, I'm actually kind of bi.
How about "Go On & Kiss De Girl" from Little Mermaid? Audience participation dance moves....Or "One Day My Prints Will Come" from Sleeping Beauty and the Photo Mart? love to you both, p
Cool list. But you need more power women: how about Joss Stone's Some Kind of Wonderful? And there's Melissa Etheridge's I'm the Only One. Hmmm . . . you like INXS, Afterglow is a beautiful tune. And my 17 year old has been rocking out to Dream On by Aerosmith lately---it strikes me that hits the right note.
Pauli: "Kiss De Girl" is a great idea. I don't have it, though!
Sue: "Dream On", heh, I remember listening to that when I was seven, not seventeen! But if your son is getting into vintage Aerosmith, point him at "Seasons of Wither"...
I like "Kiss De Girl," also! Wonder if we can find it? My experience is that Disney VERY jealously and zealously guards its intellectual property....
hmm, I have it on a dvd of the girls, I wonder if I can copy it onto my media player.
have to say that 'brown eyed girl' is one helluva great song, came on the radio yesterday and couldn't help but turn it up. not sure which version i like better though: van morrison, or the sex pistols - both are great
Love that Van Morrison version. p
Uh, I think you should leave out "The Victors"! Go Bucks!
I have a blogger display name?
Scary
"I do remember having a 'Beatles vs. Stones' discussion with you and saying that in that arena, I'm actually kind of bi."
That's PFF.
Post a Comment