
So tonight Abra and Thalia made cookies for Santa, and we put them out along with some carrots for the reindeer. Abra made very sure that we had nine carrots out, so that we didn't forget Rudolph. Then they hung up their stockings and I tucked them into bed and read them "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."
I explained to them that they had to be in bed for Santa to come and do his work, so they are in bed, quiet as doormice.
I expect that to last at least another 6 or 7 minutes. But it'll be a good 6 or 7 minutes!
Update: Dec 25th, 7am: So the girls went to bed without a peep, and in the morning we heard them talking in their room, but they didn't run out to our room or downstairs or anything. So I went into their room to check on them, and they were both lying still under the covers, their eyes wide open, staring at me.
I asked them what was going on, and Abra said "you told us last night that we had to stay in bed, or Santa wouldn't be able to finish his work."
heh, heh. The power of the Santa threat!
1 comment:
If only Santa came EVERY morning! But then, I suppose he'd lose his magical threat powers.
Post a Comment