Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thalia Counts

So Thalia was working diligently on something last night and this morning. She just finished it, and handed it to me. I think it says volumes about this child.





I mean for goodness' sake, she wrote out all the numbers from 1 to 1000. All of them. I'm amazed not by the counting, but by the determination and will. When she sets her mind to something, by God, she's going to do it.

I have a feeling that it's stuff like this I need to save for the documentary that's going to be written about her life in 50 years......

2 comments:

on the deck said...

Juvenalia is a woefully neglected area of collections. This is certainly to be kept in a box, under your bed.I love the self-congratulatory grade, as well. I would have added two more pluses, were she my student. Love, Aunt P

mimi said...

you are right - determination, but determination and
patience. I remember her at 3 or 4 making the houses
of cards putting them up, and when they fell down, she
would calmly pick up the cards and do it again. no
fussing, determined and patient. amazing child. I agree,more pluses from me.