Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yet Another Picture Dump

OK, many pictures long delayed. In quasi-chronological order:

Abra gets her first library card:



Remember the wall-painting fiasco from a few months ago? Where I painted and then repainted? Here's why. Here's a shot of the corner of the dining room. On the right is the original color that I painted. It looked good on the card, but turned out a bit too electric on the wall. On the left is the second attempt. Much less electric, much more sage. It looks better. And at the bottom, you can see the red. We're reasonably happy with this combo:



And then here's the time I saw the cats fighting over a box, and upped the ante by sprinkling catnip inside. That provided significant comic relief. First Healy took control:


But Pearl took offense, and a catfight ensued:



Now while Nelson looks to be a disinterested watcher in that last picture, he took advantage of the melee to take control of the box:



But Pearl took offense, and a catfight ensued:



And so in the end, She-elzebub herself took control and the boys ran away:



In other news, the other day I went upstairs and noticed this array set up in the playroom. Who can tell what it is?:



Yes, it's a stage. Risers in the back, microphone and drums set up on stage, and the stuffed animals in front, about to rush the stage. It's like a Nickelodeon version of "Gimme Shelter"...

More cat shenanigans. Tango enjoys boxes, which led to this lolcat moment. GET OUTTA MY BEER, CAT!



Abra had a formal party tonight, and so she got a new dress and one to match her American Girl doll. But who can figure out my absolute favorite part of this picture?



And finally, this is what I made for dinner tonight. It tasted as good as it looked:



That's all for now!

3 comments:

Yiannis said...

Beautiful pictures of the girls and funny pictures of the cats. never a dull moment in your household. Your "absolute" favorite part in the picture of Abra and her doll" is Wako

mimi said...

favorite part of the picture - the folded laundry on the
(new?) coffee table.
dinner looks good. Abra's dress also. looks beautiful.

Chris said...

Dad wins! I like Wacko peeking around the corner of the picture....