Have you ever gone right up to a telephone pole and looked at it closely? You know how there's a little circular metal thingy on them? It's about an inch across?Well the next time you're passing a telephone pole, go look. They certainly were there on the telephone poles around where I grew up.
And when I was a young impressionable child, my big brother told me that if I ever touched that little metal thingy, I would be electrocuted and DIE.
I think I was in college before I finally screwed up the courage to close my eyes and touch one of the things. And while I did survive, to this day those things scare the bejeesus out of me.
5 comments:
I must confess, as an older brother I once did the same thing. I had my younger brother and sister convinced that if they ever touched the prongs on an extension cord (not plugged in) they would die. This made for many fun chases around the house until the prongs accidentally brushed against them once and they did not in fact die.
This was the same brother who stuck a key into an electrical outlet, before you were born, right?
Have you touched a few lately?
AuntP
I looked at one this morning while walking the dog.
I did not touch it.
I was just keeping you safe...It kept you from climbing telephone poles, didn't it?
I was going to teach you the key in the outlet trick but figured I'd save that for Christmas.
ya! this is from the same guy that told me that chewing your fingernails makes a whole hand grow in your stomach and then how will it get out..by crawling out your throat.
Post a Comment