Friday, June 26, 2009

Girls Sing Stones

So my master plan to brainwash the girls is that I have all my Rolling Stones CDs in the car, and that's the only thing I listen to when I am driving them around. (And as Brenna will attest to, I have quite a few Stones CDs...). So they are learning, particularly Thalia, who sings along with all the music.

I've tried to record Thalia, but she has proved very shy about singing into a microphone. Finally tonight I got her to do so, and I've posted the tracks below. Note that sometimes you have to put up with gaps in her singing because she doesn't know some of the words -- keep listening, though, because she does know the refrains! Also, on some tracks you have to put up with my voice leading her through certain parts -- I apologize in advance for subjecting you to that....

So here are our selections:
  • As Tears Go By (she does well in the refrain on this one -- wait for it)
  • Satisfaction (she belts it out on this track!)
  • Sweet Virginia (thankfully she changed the lyrics on the fly at the very end!)
  • Tumbling Dice (she loves the "roll me"'s...)
  • Jigsaw Puzzle (this one didn't turn out so well, which is strange since it's one of her favorite Stones songs...)
And as a bonus, when Abra came home, Dad and the girls teamed up to do Sympathy for the Devil -- you really have to excuse my voice, but the girls do the hoo-hoos quite vigorously.

2 comments:

Brenna said...

I'd just as soon our five-year-old daughter get no Satisfaction, thank you very much....

Anonymous said...

Always loved that song "As Tears Go By." Sing lots more, Thalia. Love, AuntP