Saturday, April 04, 2009

Abbott and Costello meet Mick and Keith

I am driving to the store today with the girls in the backseat, and we are all listening to Exile on Main Street. "Happy" came on. And we had the following exchange:

Me: Hey, girls, tell me: Who's singing?
Abra: Mick Jagger
Me: Nope, trick question, it's Keith!
Thalia: Well, who's playing guitar?
Me: Keith is playing. And Mick, too, I think.
Abra: Mick plays guitar?
Me: Yeah, sometimes.
Thalia: No, no, I mean the *other* guitar player. What's his name? Ronnie Wood?
Me: No actually, on this album it was Mick Taylor.
Abra: Mick Jagger?
Me: No, Mick Taylor.
Thalia: I thought it was Ronnie Wood.
Me: No he came later.
Abra: Was Mick Taylor the one who took the bad medicine?
Me: The bad medicine?
Abra: Yeah, the one who took the bad medicine and died.
Me: Oh, no, that was Brian Jones, he came before Mick Taylor.
Abra: Oh.
Thalia: Oh.

It was kind of like a Rolling Stones version of "who's on first?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They'll do well on Jeopardy one day. I never get the bands right.~aunt p

Bill said...

That is a riot! Isn't there a band called bad medicine? Thanks for the laugh.

JR said...

You could have the same conversation about their girlfriends!

Very funny.

Brenna said...

I don't know that there is a band called Bad Medicine, but there is an outstandingly bad/fun song of that name by Mark's favorite band Bon Jovi.