So I'm late to the party, but let me tell you something: SCOTS rocks.SCOTS -- aka "Southern Culture on the Skids"-- is a three piece band out of North Carolina. Think "Hillbilly B-52s". But I gotta say they are a blast. How can you deny such beautiful songs as "Liquored Up and Lacquered Down", "Doublewide", "Gasoline and Fried Chicken", and "Daddy Was a Preacher but Mama was a Go-Go Girl"?
I mean, it's not exactly Lena Horne.
But check out their website: http://www.scots.com and take a listen on the jukebox link to hear some tunes or hit the TV link to see 'em live. Lotsa fun. They even showed up on the playlist at our wedding (playing "I Learned to Dance in Mississippi"), not that anyone at the wedding could hear the music, grumble, grumble.
Anyway, thanks to my good buddy JP for turning me on to SCOTS. The rest of you'se need to belly up to the bar....
6 comments:
I play 'em daily while I'm driving 'cuz I'm just a good ole Blue Ridge Businessman...
Bill's driving the Corn Rocket!
Check out Rev. Billy C. Wirtz. More of a boogy-woogie piano style, but a lot of fun, esp. live (if he's still touring).
I saw these cats when you were in diapers, Hos.
No, but seriously, saw them New Year's Eve 2002---
crazy fun.
xo
i am going to do a blog about how Kid Rock saved my life at woodstock 99. Bawitaba!
I think that was Kid Rock commenting above...
Post a Comment