Because four cats aren't enough, we now seem to have a fifth cat who visits the house quite often. A very pretty calico, who seems friendly and lets me pick her up. Our cats are less than excited by this new visitor: here's the standoff at the window between the calico and Healy and Pearl:

Here's a shot of the card Thalia made for Brenna on Mother's Day. Or "Muther's Day", I should say -- it sounds like something that Samuel L. Jackson might have made for his mother when *he* was four.

Healy likes to hide in the towel closet:

For those of you who visited back when the front garden was simply an empty bed overrun with ground cover, here's what it looks like now. Brenna has done a great job with it, and the asiatic lillies (Cat: no Dad jokes!) have just exploded now that they are in full sun.
And finally, the clothes dryer broke yesterday, so now our house looks like hillbilly heaven:
I'm going to have to put the red car up on blocks in the yard to complete the scene. (I should say, hillbilly or not, the cheapskate in me likes lowering the energy bill by not running the dryer!)
3 comments:
Did you notice no joke below about
a. Your neckbreaking incident
b. Dad's FLOWERS
c. cheap Hillbillies (although you KNOW that's the one I really want to address!)
and by the way, that is no strange cat, that is MARTHA come back from the past.
remember Danny Glick?
MWEH. (my new motto)
ps or is that Er-go-bear? hard to tell.
Isn't that Nicky? That's who I thought of!
Depending on the air where you live, the clothes can smell so great dried out doors.
And last but not least -- I didn't know Brenna is a gardener! YAY! It looks GREAT! KUDOS TO YOU!
hugs, p
Well, calling me an actual gardener might be something of a stretch, since anything particularly delicate or especially choosy about its living conditions is not going to survive in my care. And what success I do have is the result of lots of rather haphazard trial and error over the years. And I can already see some of the adjustment and dinking around I'm going to have to do in that front bed over the next few years. But I do think it's fun to do.
And I always like hanging clothes on the line in the summer. Much prefer it to the dryer, actually.
Post a Comment