Weekday mornings around our house can sometimes be a challenge to get the girls up, dressed, fed, and to the busstop in time. There is a good amount of dawdling going on, particularly by (no surprise here) Abra.
To get things moving, I tried something new and told the girls that the first one to get up and dressed each morning would get carried from their bedroom downstairs to the breakfast table. This little contest worked smashingly, as both girls were getting up and racing to get dressed quickly (and without complaints!) all week.
So this morning -- a Saturday morning, mind you -- my perfect plan backfired, as Abra woke me up in complete darkness at 6:05am to announce that she was awake and dressed and ready for her ride downstairs.
3 comments:
Absolute logical response. Love to see this happening. She sees you as a man of your word, regardless of the curcumstances. Atta boy, be proud. And sleepy. -p
and all this time we thought that you were a genius.
DOH!
I used to do that with John and Michael but I had to stop...when Michael moved to Orlando.
Post a Comment